Parents / PTO
Parent-Teacher Organization (PVMS PTO)
Attending PTO meetings are a great way to get involved, mold the growing school community, and socialize with other parents. For the PTO meeting dates/times, view the school calendar. All PTO meetings take place at Palm Valley Montessori School.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions and/or concerns for the PTO, please feel free to send an message by clicking the below button for the PTO’s general email..
PTO Executive Board
|School Rep||Eva Foster|
This is a PUBLIC social network for us to to communicate and to promote our events to the community. Please like us on Facebook.
Sign Up Genius
Notices will be posted for those events using Sign Up Genius. If you are a Committee Chair person and would like to set up a RSVP/sign-up sheet, you’ll need the log-in and password — to get it, send a message to the PTO’s email (link above).
Resources (Internal Documents)
For access to internal documents (i.e. PTO Agendas & Minutes, School Policies, School Supply List, etc.), please click on the below for access. If you need a the password, please send a message to the PTO’s email (link above).
Throughout the year there are events that the children and/or adults participate in:
• Parent Information Night/2nd PTO Meeting – adults only (September)
• Parents Night Out (September) – adults only
• International Day Celebration (September)
• Family Movie Night (October)
• Thanksgiving Celebration (November)
• Winter Celebration (December)
• Winter Music Recital & Art Show (January)
• PVM Yard Sale (Spring 2021)
• Peace Day Celebration (March)
• Easter Egg Hunt (April)
• Family Bike Ride & Picnic (April)
• Summer Music Recital & Art Show (June)
• Summer Sizzler (June)
• Graduation (June)
Click here to view the PTO events schedule and school calendar for the specific dates.
Fundraisers & Support Programs
The PTO highly encourages parents to participate in socials/fundraisers to help the school achieve its goals. Check out the fundraisers page for more details. Our fundraisers are:
• PVM Yard Sale (Spring 2021)
• Family Dine Out Night (throughout the year)
Besides participating in fundraisers, there are other ways to help the school. Below are the support progams we participate in. For more info, click here.
• For Small Hands
• Scholastic Reading Club
Rewards Programs: Amazon.com Smiles, eScrip, Fry’s Community Reward Program, and Box Tops / Labels for Education
Public Service Acitvities
The PTO organizes two public service activities to help our community:
• Christmas Drive (November)
• Valentine’s Intergenrational Activity (February)
Tax Credit Donation
The Arizona Private School Tax Credit lets tax payers direct their taxes to local community schools and reduce child tuition. For more info, click here.
Check out the school’s wish list. If you know a business that can donate any of the items, please send a message to the PTO’s email (link above). Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
Recommended Reading for Parents
Below are a few books that we recommend parents to read. These books, and other items, are available for purchase through Amazon.com.
• Curious Minds edited by John Brockman
• Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work by E. M. Standing
• Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
• Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
• Endangered Minds by Jane M. Healy, PhD
• The Secret of Childhood by Dr. Maria Montessori
• The Discovery of the Child by Dr. Maria Montessori
• Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline Stoll Lillard
• Failure to Connect by Jane M. Healy, PhD
• Montessori from the Start by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen