Parents / PTO
PTO MeetingsAttending PTO meetings are a great way to get involved, mold the growing school community, and socialize with other parents. For the PTO meeting dates/times, view the school calendar. All PTO meetings take place at Palm Valley Montessori School.
Questions & ConcernsIf you have any questions and/or concerns for the PTO, please feel free to send an message by clicking the below button for the PTO's general email..
Sign Up Genius
Notices will be posted for those events using Sign Up Genius. If you are a Committee Chairperson and would like to set up a RSVP/sign-up sheet, you'll need the log-in and password -- to get it, send a message to the PTO's email (link above).
Resources (Internal Documents)
For access to internal documents (i.e. PTO Agendas & Minutes, School Policies, School Supply List, etc.), please click on the below for access. If you need a the password, please send a message to the PTO's email (link above).
Throughout the year there are events that the children and/or adults participate in:
- Mix & Mingle/1st PTO Meeting - adults only (August)
- Parents Night Out (September) - adults only
- International Day Celebration (September)
- Family Movie Night (October)
- Thanksgiving Celebration (November)
- Winter Celebration (December)
- Winter Music Recital & Art Show (January)
- Peace Day Celebration (March)
- Family Bike Ride & Picnic (April)
- Casino Night Charity Gala (May) - adults only
- Summer Music Recital & Art Show (June)
- Summer Sizzler (June)
- Graduation (June)
Click here to view the PTO events schedule and school calendar for the specific dates.
Fundraisers & Support Programs
The PTO highly encourages parents to participate in socials/fundraisers to help the school achieve its goals. Check out the fundraisers page for more details. Our fundraisers are:
- Casino Night Gala - adults only (May)
- Family Dine Out Night (throughout the year)
- For Small Hands
- Scholastic Reading Club
- Rewards Programs: Amazon.com Smiles, eScrip, Fry's Community Reward Program, and Box Tops / Labels for Education
Public Service Acitvities
The PTO organizes two public service activities to help our community:
- Christmas Drive (November)
- Valentine's Intergenrational Activity (February)
Tax Credit Donation
The Arizona Private School Tax Credit lets tax payers direct their taxes to local community schools and reduce child tuition. For more info, click here.
Check out the school's wish list. If you know a business that can donate any of the items, please send a message to the PTO's email (link above). Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
We are collecting photos to be published in The Weekly Connection, yearbook and/or website. If you have photos you'd like to submit of students working in the classroom and/or participating in school-related events (i.e. events, fundraisers, etc.), please click here.
Recommended Reading for Parents
Below are a few books that we recommend parents to read. These books, and other items, are available for purchase through Amazon.com.
- Curious Minds edited by John Brockman
- Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work by E. M. Standing
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Endangered Minds by Jane M. Healy, PhD
- The Secret of Childhood by Dr. Maria Montessori
- The Discovery of the Child by Dr. Maria Montessori
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline Stoll Lillard
- Failure to Connect by Jane M. Healy, PhD
- Montessori from the Start by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen